NZAMD 2020 REGISTRATION
We have spent the begining of the year preparing our students to sit exams and/or medals in August 2020. (Term 3) We hold NZAMD exams and JETE medals once a year. This is where an outsourced examiner comes in to grade our students on what they have learnt. Exams & Medals can be a fun and rewarding experience. Also giving them something to work towards during the year. Exams and Medals are not compulsory however we do highly recommend participating. Please note that students must be at least 5 years old to sit exams but can be any age for medals.
Exams & Medals can be a fun and rewarding experience. Also giving them something to work towards during the year. Exams and Medals are not compulsory however we do highly recommend participating. Please note that students must be at least 5 years old to sit exams but can be any age for medals.We hold NZAMD exams and JETE medals once a year. This is where an outsourced examiner comes in to grade our students on what they have learnt. We spend term 1 and 2 preparing our students for sitting exams and/or medals in August 2020. (Term 3).
Medal Awards are available for all styles of dance. These entertaining awards are aimed at encouraging students to dance and perform in front of a friendly audience of parents and peers, while developing confidence in a fun and non-judgmental atmosphere. Dress up is encouraged
Medal Awards are available for Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Hip Hop & Contemporary plus Musical Theatre and Group Awards. They are gained in three levels, Junior, Intermediate & Senior, with three categories at each level – Bronze, Silver & Gold.
- Medal fees will be invoiced and must be fully paid by the end of May 2020 (payment plan option is available)
- If you don’t wish to sit medals please let your teacher or Kerry know asap
- Medal award is not compulsory, but we strongly recommend that your child takes part.
- Entries must be done via website
- MEDALS: 10th - 16th August is the proposed dates for our exams (note these are school days this year so they will need time off if their group is before 3pm)
JUNIOR MEDAL AWARDS
Junior Awards may be done in pairs. There is no marking range at this level. All Junior candidates who pass their Medal Award will receive ‘Congratulations’ on their report card. Only one dance is required from each candidate, for each Medal.
INTERMEDIATE MEDAL AWARDS
Intermediate Awards must be taken in succession, beginning with the Bronze. Dances must be performed one at a time.
Intermediate requires two contrasting dances,
SENIOR MEDAL AWARDS
Senior Medals are the same as Intermediate. However Senior must have 2 dances and are to be longer than Intermediate requirement.
GROUP MEDAL AWARDS
A minimum of 4 students must be used in a Group, but students may enter more than once if they wish. one report card will be given but students in the group will receive a medal.
- Exams will be invoiced and must be fully paid by the end of May 2020 (payment plan option is available)
- If you don’t wish to sit exam please let your teacher or Kerry know asap
- Exams are not compulsory, but we strongly recommend that your child takes part.
- The students are required to wear their Dance Uniform in class and in the Exam Room.
- EXAMS: 10 - 16th August is the proposed dates for our exams (note these are school days this year so they will need time off if their group is before 3pm)
- NZAMD does not give refunds for change of mind or if you are unable to attend your exam time.
- Medical certificates are required as proof of injury or illness. A partial refund may be given.
- Entries are not accepted until full exam fees are paid.
- Term 1 fees must be up to date for entries to be accepted. (unless prior payment plan arrangement has been made)
Before the Exam/Medals we will have a mock day. It is important they practise in the setting to get used to their spacing and the way the exam will run.
EXAMS/MEDALS: 3 - 9thAugust is the proposed dates for our mock days
Confirmed dates and times will be announced in term 2. Please keep actual and mock days free to ensure you can attend, as every student’s attendance will affect the others in his/her group. The cost for mock exam is $20.00 which is charged with your exam fees whether you attend or not.
WHEN & WHERE WILL THEY BE HELD
Actual: Proposed 10 - 16th August
Mock: Proposed 3 - 9th August
Exams are held at our Parklands Studio and Medals at Queenspark School
A payment plan option is available for Exams & Medals
Payment with in 7 days after invoice in full
$20.00 administration fee to pay between now and end of June.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REGISTER FOR YOUR EXAMS ONLINE
Some costuming or ‘dress-up’ is encouraged but is optional. Makeup and accessories may be used.
These all add to the sense of fun and performance intended with these Medal Awards.
Jete leotard, Singlet, or Crop (depending on exam)
Jete 3/4 full length or shorts (depending on exam)
Hair in a bun or French plaits tucked under
PRESENTATION OF MEDALS
Students are presented with their medals by the examiner on the same day as their performance. A report card will be completed by the examiner and returned to the teacher.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING AN EXAMINATION OR MEDAL ?
Students (up to six per group) will enter the room with their teacher or music player. They will perform their exam work for the examiner and they will receive marks for each section, with an overall mark out of 100. For Pre Grade 1 and 2 the teacher is allowed to help and guide. All higher levels teachers must have backed turned to students during the exam to play their music.
Parents are not allowed to watch exams but can watch mock day.
Parents can watch in the hall and performers and to wait back stage till it is their turn, 1 at a time or in pairs they will do their dance with presentation held at the end of their session (Up to 15 children per session)
Entry forms and exam/medal fees must be submitted and paid by May 20th (payment plans are available)
Entry forms must be submitted electronically by completing the online entry form on our website https://www.jetedance.co.nz/exams---medals
Please note, if you do not return your entry form or pay the fee by the correct date, your child will not be entered in the exam. No late entries can be accepted.
Any further queries please don’t hesitate to ask.
Laura Crafts & Kerry Meyers
Link -Jete Studio Exams & Medals 2019